Monday, November 8, 2010

Getting Things Done

 This is for Phil who has been ill, and is curious about our new place.

The bed room was a pleasant green and white with a heavy stinky forest green blind.
before we moved in

The night we moved in.


 
I spent days painting. The top walls are Cromwell Grey ,and the wainscoting is hemp seed. I just touched up the white. I spent two days hanging the drapery rod and making the drapes. It was so nice to have the drapes finished after having tissue paper taped to the windows. The room is darker and quieter at night. My art work blends in with the walls and the furniture has a warm look aginst the darker color.


The living room looking into the kitchen the night we moved in.

Living room before we bought the house.

Living room now. The bricks look better with the red wall, the lavender didn't do anything for the chimney.

We still have pictures to hang.

Kitchen the night we moved in with the stinky broken blinds.

The dysfunctional closet in the kitchen entrance the night we moved in.

The closet was one of the first things to be done, it's now functional but I couldn't do anything about the narrow depth. I'm contemplating panels to hang in front of the closet.

Eating area with the new top down, bottom up blinds. I love them. They are a double layer for more insulation, from cold and heat.

My collection of tines hides the back of the gas range.

View from the kitchen window.

Back yard gate connected to the hay bale wall.

Gate with the view of the cliffs behind.

The hay bale wall with a face, do you see it?

Just a block up form our house on Stanley Ave. We don't have to go far for a fabulous view, we don't even have to leave the house. But I do, I walk every day with the dog, and I never know who or what I might come across and what adventures we might get into. Now that the weather is getting colder I hope to get more done in the house. On a beautiful day I want to be outside so I have done a lot of work in the large yard, It does look better.

2 comments:

Darcie Brown said...

Wow! You've been busy. I love the before and after pictures. It looks so much more cozy and inviting now.

Karen Durant said...

Thank you Darcie, it feels cozy and inviting. We still have a lot to do, but it will be done and then we will do some more.